Do you realize that you can save hundreds (or thousands) of dollars by using your dental benefits before the end of the year? Most dental insurance plans run on a calendar year; if yours does, these 5 tips from your Columbia SC dentist will show you why you need to make a dental appointment right now…today!
1. Yearly Maximum – The yearly max is the maximum amount of money that the dental insurance plan will pay for any of your dental work within a one-year period. If your plan runs on a calendar year, the yearly max usually restarts each year on January 1. If you have unused benefits when January 1 rolls around, they will be forfeited and not roll over to the following year.
2. Deductible – The deductible is the amount of out-of-pocket money you must pay your dentist before your insurance company will begin to pay for your dental services. The amount of the deductible varies from one plan to another. (It could be a higher amount if you choose an out of network dentist.) You also have to reach the deductible amount again as the plan continues into the next calendar year.
3. Premiums – If you’re paying your dental insurance premiums each month, you should also be using your benefits on a regular basis. Even if you feel you don’t need dental treatment by your dentist Columbia SC right now, you should have your regular dental cleanings and checkups on a regular basis.
4. Fee Increase – Another reason to use up your dental benefits by the end of the year is to avoid any fee increases. An increase in the cost of living, materials and dental equipment, can have some dentists raising their fees at the beginning of the New Year, which will increase the amount of your co-payment.
5. Dental Problems Can Deteriorate – If you delay dental treatment for an existing problem, you’re risking more extensive and expensive treatment later. What may be just a simple cavity now, could turn into some far worse and more painful later.
If you have any questions about insurance, please do not hesitate to call your dentist Columbia SC and talk to one our caring staff members. We would be happy to work with you to discuss what your insurance plan will cover.